ENCORE PACKER model EP100P portable waste tire baler.
The EP100P portable waste tire packer is a vertical down stroke portable baler which compresses approximately 100 whole passenger, light and commercial truck tires into a bale measuring 30" X 50" X 60". The weight of the completed bale is approximately one ton. Weight of the bale can be increased to one metric tonne. 25-28 bales can be loaded into a 40 foot ocean container for export.
The baler and three persons are capable of averaging four bales an hour on a steady basis. The baler is also capable of baling other recyclables such as cardboard, aluminum, etc. With proper training, it is possible to incorporate two whole commercial truck tires or tractor tires in each passenger bale. This eliminates the need for a costly tire cutter. The completed bales are easily handled with a fork-lift, front-end loader or logger's clam.
Weight: 11,800 pounds (certified scale weight) off truck
10,980 pounds when hooked to towing vehicle
Tongue weight 820 pounds
Dimensions in Transit: Height 8’6”, Length 24’, Width 6’11”
Dimensions in Operation: Height 13’6”, Length 30’, Width 6’11”
- Axles: Tandem rubber torsion insert, each rated for 7,000 lbs. with electric brakes
- Safety breakaway system DOT specifications
- Tires: Four 235:85R16 10 ply rated. Spare tire mounted on rack on tongue
- Hitch: Standard is gooseneck with 2 5/16” ball. Other options are special order
- Highway trailer lighting package DOT specifications
- Jacks: One in front and one at each rear corner for stability in raising and lowering unit when not attached to towing vehicle
- Hydraulic tank: 50 gallon capacity, suction screen, and a replaceable 10 micron internal return cartridge filter.
- Fuel tank: 30 gallon capacity diesel fuel
- Battery: 12 volt, 630 cold cranking amps. Lockable battery compartment
- Baling wire storage rack: Capable of storing 4 bundles of wire
- Engine: 49HP Deutz diesel with 3year/3,000 hour manufacturer’s warranty.
- Twin 6” hydraulic compression rams
- All controls manual hydraulic, emergency cylinder stop when handle is released
- Power beyond hydraulic controls for safety
- Hydraulic operating pressure preset at 1800 psi on pressure line, max 3,000 psi. Pressure can be increased to allow 110 tires for a metric ton bale.
- Hydraulic pump: Gear pump, volume 38 gallons per minute at 2700 rpm
- Hydraulic cooler for prolonged hydraulic oil life
- Cycle time: Under 30 seconds
- Bale chamber: 30” deep by 60” wide
- Doors: Heavy duty 3/8 inch steel plate with solid pin hinges
- 10 retainer dogs per door
- Bale ejection chains
- Fuel consumption: Average 1 gallon per hour of SAC #2 diesel fuel
- Baling wire: 12 ft. long, 9 gauge galvanized Square-Lok steel wires, 5 per bale
- Capacity: 100 whole passenger/light truck tires. 2 whole commercial truck tires can be substituted for 10 whole passenger tires
- Standard colors are green and yellow. Custom colors are special order N/C
- Industry standard bale size: 30” by 50” by 60 “ with a weight of 2,000 pounds
- Half bales can be made with optional false chamber bottom. Special order
- Production: Average production 400 PTE (passenger tire equivalent) tires/hour
- Purpose: Designed extra heavy duty specifically for tires but capable of baling plastics, aluminum and steel cans, corrugated, etc.
- Warranty: One year on all components, 3 year/3,000 hours on Deutz engine.
- Each machine comes with Baler Operator’s Instruction and Maintenance Manual, Deutz Diesel Engine Operator’s Manual.
- Training: On site operator training is done by factory authorized personnel at the time of delivery.